SWTOR 1.2 Patch

SWTOR 1.2 Patch

Postby dirtYbird » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:37 pm

After getting an invite to come back to SWTOR and check out Patch 1.2 I took a look at a few reviews of the patch.
This one seemed fairly comprehensive and I didnt realise it had got as bad as this guy makes out.
http://tinyurl.com/8x9y34y
dirtYbird

Re: SWTOR 1.2 Patch

Postby Cure » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:45 am

While the new content is fun for a bit, it's generally way too easy. We ran the new raid on Sunday, and completed it that night. The fights were good, but it really should take longer to chew through content. Most likely wont be too long before it becomes quiet again on the servers.
Cure

Re: SWTOR 1.2 Patch

Postby dirtYbird » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:32 pm

I see an email recently reminding me that server transfers are open. (just double checked its only for Asia Pacific servers)
Step one in trying to resurrect the flailing population that they better share with every server before they lose more.

Step two, server mergers, wont be too far away.
I think Planetside took that path at about the same speed.
Although PS dug their own grave by splitting an already declining pop.

It will be interesting to see how GW2 handles it.
They dont have that massive fan base (starwars and bioware) that they could milk for SWTOR.
F2P should help them but then again MMO players can be a fickle bunch and they wont play a piece of shit even if it is free.
Ok MOST wont play in that scenario.

The PvP should be another plus on their score sheet but it will need constant attention to hold the interest of the masses.
And for those that dont fancy too much PVP I hope they have got their class's sorted and you arent left standing around LF a particular class thats as rare as rocking horse shit.

And I forgot the lols over the concerns of having to sit in a queue at release.
Those servers that didnt have a queue at release sometimes only have 3-5 people on the Fleet during peak times.
What sort of numbers does Harbinger have idling in the Fleet at peak hour our time?
dirtYbird

Return to News